COST, FEES & LOGISTICS
• Training fees: Costs of each session differ depending upon location and part of training. Please check the calendar section for upcoming trainings and associated cost.
• Coupon Codes & Discounts: Discounted payments, including those that utilize a coupon code are not eligible for refunds. Discounted Part Two payments are valid for a period of 24-months from the completion of Part One Training - after which time the payment balance will become available towards the cost of taking Part One training again.
• Payments accepted: Major credit cards, checks, cash. Your registration is not confirmed until payment is received.
• Waitlists: Attendee-To-Faculty ratio for trainings are kept low for practicum. This means that faculty is booked for training events in blocks of 10-trainees. When ten trainees are registered for any training, that training will then start a waitlist. When the waitlist reaches a number close to the next 10 trainees, faculty will be booked and those on the waitlist will be added to the training.
Spots on the waitlist are also used to fill in any previously registered seats that become available if someone drops out or is otherwise unable to attend the training.
• To Joint a Waitlist:
We have made two options available.
Waitlist Option #1: Those who wish to join a waitlist are given an option in the “Amount” selection of the registration process for “Join Waitlist ONLY For Training” and are charged a (minimum) 50-cents processing fee. You will be notified when the waitlisted training expands or when a seat becomes available and have 24-hours from the time of notification to complete payment before the seat is offered to the next in line.
Waitlist Option #2: Those who opt to advance pay in full for a waitlisted training would choose the full training amount from the “Amount” selection of the registration process - then choose the waitlisted training from the “Training Selection” options. Only those on the waitlist who have paid in full will automatically be enrolled in the training once that training expands or a seat becomes available. If no seat for the desired training becomes available those funds are applied to any future Part One training good for 24-months from the time of purchase.
• Training Consultation: The trainee is responsible for arranging and paying for their 10 hours of supplementary consultation. At the initial training level you are required to use a member of the Institute for Creative Mindfulness Team of Consultants to complete your consultation. At the initial training level all consultation hours can be met through group consultations (including teleconference call groups). Institute team members across the country have different rates for group and individual consultation. You can reference the Institute for Creative Mindfulness website for that information. Trainees will also receive more information on booking consultation at the Part I training.
• All facilities used by the Institute for Creative Mindfulness are in compliance with ADA standards. Please contact me if you have any concerns about access prior to the training.
• Lunch is on your own for all days of the training.
• Unless otherwise stated, all Training Days will be from 08:30AM to 5PM.
• As of January 1, 2017, you will have 24 months to complete both parts of the training and the required consultation. Exceptions may be granted based on circumstance. If you do not complete in this time frame specified by EMDRIA, you may be required to complete Part I again before continuing.
• Refunds (new policy as of 10/15/2019): If you need to cancel and we receive your cancellation in writing (email is fine) 2 weeks prior to the training, you are eligible for a full refund OR the option to apply the dollar amount paid towards a future training with ICM. If cancelling less than two weeks before a scheduled event, trainees are entitled to a 50% refund, OR the option to apply the dollar amount paid toward a future training with ICM. All refunds, full and partial, are subject to a 15% administrative fee. We are no longer able to offer credits on the balance.
Only medically documented reasons or family deaths are considered as an exception to this policy. No-shows are not eligible for a refund. In the case of inclement weather, should we cancel the training, your registration would simply be moved to our rescheduled date. If the rescheduled date isn't available for you we can offer you another date or entertain your request for a refund. If you terminate your training or need to leave it early for any reason, you are not eligible for a refund.
Attendance at the entire training is required for our program to remain compliant with EMDRIA standards.
Requests to be moved to a future training date will be accommodated when available - but training fees are then considered nonrefundable. All other situations handled on a case-by-case basis. Please let us know if you have any questions about this policy.